Thursday, August 16, 2012

My Favorite Things Nail Art Challenge: Day 2 - Favorite Nail Polish

Today's challenge from Ooh La La Polish is Favorite Nail Polish. 

 
Favorite? 
Gulp.... Hmmm..... Favorite..........  
How does one choose such a thing? As nail polish addicts know, there's no such thing as a favorite nail polish. These things will clearly fluctuate with mood and fashion and fascinations.  

I decided to go with the polish that I felt most sentimentally attached to. Should I choose the polish I wore at my wedding? How about the polish that I bought at the Times Square Sephora after the wedding? How about my most precious, long-coveted, spent too much money for polish? 

No.
I eventually chose The Polish That Started the Obsession.

I've always been a collector of makeup but my polish passion is only a few years old. I didn't read any nail-specific beauty blogs then but I kept seeing one particular polish pop up in the blogs I was following. It was a deep blue jelly polish with bright blue, teal and green glitter. Once I saw it I couldn't get it out of my mind. The polish? Deborah Lippmann Across the Universe   

 Isn't she lovely?


On the nails... This is two coats, swiped on the nail first and then I dab the glitter left on the brush in places where I want more glitter. It's still a little sheer at two coats, but I'm ok with that.

One of the reasons that I love this polish so much as it reminds me of two of my favorite crystals, azurite and malachite. They're both copper bearing minerals, one deep blue, one bright green. 
They're often found together.



Be still my heart...

All photos 2 coats DL Across the Universe over Cult Nails Get It On and topped with two coats of Cult Nails Wicked Fast

Love and Light,

Amy









4 comments:

  1. Ohh Ms Lippmann, you do glitter so well. Just beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So funny, Kimpelling, who just happened to post before me, said that she picked her polish that started the addiction and now you and that's exactly what I did, but didn't write about it - maybe I should have!! Have you ever done this over an opaque color?? Would be interesting to see it over a light blue or white....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I couldn't come up with another way to pick a favorite... I have worn it over silver (SH Celeb City, I think?) and over squishy white (Essie Marshmallow). It's a little brighter that way, but I think it looses some of its squishy mysteriousness that I like so much.

      Delete