Tuesday, August 21, 2012

My Favorite Things Nail Art Challenge: Day 3 - Favorite animal

The Favorite Things challenge by Ooh La La Polish today is Favorite Animal!

No question about it, right now I have two favorite animals, my sweet cats Pye and Gopala.

Here they are:

Waiting for their kitty massages...

Gopala, the oldest...

and Pye, my baby, doing his best Willie Nelson impression...

I did the best I could to put their little heads on my nails... I've never really done any nail art more complicated than dots, stripes or sponging, so this is really out of my comfort zone.

They look a little wonky, but I like them....

Here's another shot:

I covered the other nails with black flocking powder for a furry look. I bought the powder from Amazon. It looks neat but feels REALLY weird. I did the whole other hand in the fuzzies.


I'm going to leave it on overnight and see what happens. Right now, the fuzzy texture is freaking me out a little bit...

Love and Light,

Amy

Next up is favorite food! Stay tuned and check out all the other bloggers...



4 comments:

  1. LOL! I have yet to use the flocking powder I bought. I'm reticent because I feel like I will either love or absolutely hate the texture.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Now that it's the next day, I still can't make up my mind. I love it because it looks really cool. The pictures don't do it justice, it really does look like velvet nails. I can't stop petting it, but I don't like how it kind of catches on things instead of being smooth and boy does this stuff pick up actual cat hair. I need a tiny nail-sized lint brush. I will make it though the day today (besides, I want to show it off to the gals at my boot camp class) but it's coming off as soon as I get home.

      Delete
  2. I like the sound of this fuzzy stuff, although I'm bad enough at fiddling just when I have gems or something on my nails so I can't imagine I'd be able to stop stroking this lol. Very cute cats :) (both on your nail and in real life).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can't stop stroking it, but it hasn't started to come off. That stuff is STUCK on there. It still looks great, I used a damp paper towel to get the lint off and all is good. I coated the wet nail with a pile of the flocking powder and really pressed down on it and let it sit for a few minutes before I used a makeup brush to gently remove the extra. Super easy and at 20 hours out still looking perfect.

      Delete