Wednesday, August 29, 2012

My Favorite Things Nail Art Challenge: Day 5 - Polka Dots

I adore anything polka dotted. Especially fingernails. Dots with a dotting tool is the nail art technique that gives you the most effect for the least effort. I can even do my dominant hand and have it turn out adorable!

I'm in complete and utter denial about the end of summer coming. I have so many summer polishes that I haven't worn yet. So sad... So many polishes, only ten fingers. Today I worked with all Zoya polishes. I used the Zoya Pinterest Mini Trio that I was lucky enough to get for free earlier this summer in the "Take Three Free" Pinterest event.

The girls showing off on a Quartz cluster from Arkansas.
Kimber - Bright magenta pink with gold shimmer
Myrta - Coral shimmery foil
Zuza - Turquoise foil with gold and silver shimmer



As a base for my polka dots I grabbed Zoya Snowsicle off the rack. This polish is pretty sheer. I ended up using 3 thin coats. Snowsicle is a sparkling snowy white with tons of shimmer. So pretty that it's worth the three coats.

 I dotted the colors on with my trusty dotting tools, going for a random colorful look.


So summery and cute! I love these nails!

Thanks again to Kelly of Ooh La La Polish for hosting this challenge. Please check out her blog as well as the other lovely participants!

Love and Light,
Amy






2 comments:

  1. I love the colours you chose for this nail art design and the position of the dots!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Isn't this such a fun manicure?

      Delete